Project help
I am repainting Bachmann 44-tonner to be a plant switcher in my cement plant, which ws a Lehigh Portland Cement Co plant. I found a few pictures of smaller GE boxcabs that they owned (never had a 44 tonner, oh well - mine does!) and even the B&W ones look like they very well could be this shade of blue. I also have to go throught he signs that have been posted in the Layout and Building section to see if there are any Lehigh Cement logos such as the ones shown applied to this loco so I can get decals made - unless someone knows about some decals that have already been produced.

[Image: 23ton_ge.jpg]

A line drawing on the site this picture comes from shows a smaller unit as just having the words "Lehigh Portland Cement Company" without the use of the logo. Also, this one appears awfully shiny considering a)it's in a cement plant and b)it's no longer even on rails - a least, I see no rails under there.It is a 70's picute, and I model the 50's, but the small 20 and 23 ton units were purchased in the late 30's. Seems reasonable for there to be a 44-tonner in 1956.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread