Project help
Tom: I found that one while searching, it's supposedly an 80 tonner, not 44.

Wayne: Yeah, I posted in both places, because not ALL of us frequent both.

FCIN: Yeah, that's the new logo, and probably a very recent repaint depending on when that photo was taken, the new logo is only a couple of years old

My original thought was to simply paint out the Pennsylvania nd PRR that are on my model, it's all black with yellow zebra stripes on the ends, and slap on sone Lehigh logos and claim they bought it second hand from the PRR. But it seems like all their other small switchers they bought new. Lacking definitive answers, and given they didn;t seem to have any 44 tonners anyway, I guess I'll go for a close blue and try to find a good shot of the logos that I can have made up on decal paper. Luckily the letters are blue and not white, since I have no idea where I could get my hands on one of those old Alps printers. Nice thing on the 80 tonner, no number boards. As small as the ones are on the Bachmann 44 tonner, I don't see how I could get them in there. Also why my Stewart F7 set has remained unnumbered all this time. I do need to do one unique thing, below the logo/name on the side of the cab (or maybe above) I need to put someone's name, it's a tribute to a fellow modeler who up and GAVE me a complete Walther's Valley Cement plant and wouldn't even accept compensation for what had to be considerable shipping (it's fully built). So I decided I would get some sort of loco to be a plant switcher and it would get named after him - sure to attract at least some attention by visitors which will give me the opportunity to tell them the story - and how awesome the people are in this hobby.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread