Trans-Unloading facility...perfect!
I came across this Trans unloading facility while searching through Google maps.If you paste this address
6601 McKean Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 (NS trackage)into google maps then hit the search button you will see this facility,it's called "Bulkmatic Transport".If you look at all the hoppers,i'm guessing they are pressuraide hoppers,plastic pellet hoppers,etc,filled with all kinds of dry or liquid bulk goods waiting to be unloaded via semi truck and trailer.

My impression is that this type of facility was designed to unload railcars and it's bulk loads to trailers to service facility's that have no way of recieving product by rail(bakerys,injection molding plants,cement,etc)I noticed there are tank cars here also,i'm guessing corn syrup,vegetable oil,hydrogen peroxide?

I'm thinking this type of facility could also facilitate unloading of liquid propane?(have 4 -30,000 liquid propane tank cars)This facility looks quite easy to imagine a simple easy build on this one.Promotex makes a nice bulk container trailer that would work in this situation. Big Grin,although personally i'd like to see Athearn produce one,have you seen their new 53' semi-trailers?...anyway,Have have been considering adding a Bakery to my layout(10 Atlas corn syrup cars,4 vegetable oil cars,2 liquid sugar tank cars,6 -3 bay covered hoppers),I figure instead of building a large bakery,i figure why not included the rolling stock into a trans -unloading facility.

What do you all think? Smile
Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread