Letting Off Steam- No Pun intended
Schraddel Wrote:Green_Elite_Cab!
Several weeks ago you questioned how to do catenary work.
Electric traction is here in Germany not uncommon, in fact about 70% of the network is electrified.
In former times i build overhead wires and catenary myself, there is some experience, knowledge and skills.
On my friend's layout we're just raising the wire. So i made a couple of photos to show how we errect the overhead catenary.
I thought you will have interest to it, so i posted the links to messrs. Sommerfeldt and Viessmann, both H0 catenary manufacturers, and asked if you were interessted. Got no feed back from you. You did a very good job building the poles and masts for the catenary and i am the opinion you have the skills to do the complete work, but i can't prevent you to invent the wheel again. It is your choice.

Lutz

Ah, I hadn't noticed your post! Sorry about that, I'll respond to it back on that thread. I haven't done much work on it as I've had all sorts of other projects holding me up. I do appreciate the help though. I had considered using components from Sommerfeldt and Viessmann, but they don't necessarily match my prototype that well, So i might end up reinventing the wheel regardless (things in the US seem to pan out to be bigger. The larger size Sommefeldt Faively Pantographs are still smaller then the scale versions found on my E44 and Silverliner cars, etc). Some of the Viessmann catenary Masts do match newer ones in the region that I model, but they wouldn't be built until a few years after my particular era.

I am curious about how those manufacturer's wires join together, is it a permanent thing? or can the wire sections be taken apart?

After studying your photo, I think I can see how you assembled that catenary, and I think I'm on the same track. Your catenary looks very good!

I should also thank you again for linking me to those Scharfenberg Couplers. Its been a little frustrating trying to figure out how to order some, It seems as though the manufacturer is the only seller I can find.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread