OK here's a how-to question
rrinker Wrote:My layout is buuilt flat, with 2 layers of 2" foam (4" total) so I have plenty of room to carve down below track level. There's this bridge I want to stick in, not even close to any of the other bridge projects as far as a fancy bridge.
One, I am absolutely TERRIFIED at the prospect of starting to cut under the track I guess at some point I will have to bite the bullet unless I want perfectly flat scenery everywhere.
Two - not sure it will look right.

Mostly though I am scared to take that step of hacking up the terrain and hoping it will turn out looking ok. --Randy

If at first you don't succeed.......rip it out and build it again.
The 3-3/8" long, plank on frame,skiff in this picture:

......is the FOURTH one. The first two went wrong in the early stages, ( first 8 hours of the build ), the third was almost finished at around 12-16 hours of work. It just wasn't right, until the fourth try, and that turned out better than I expected.
The first three were smashed-to-bits, when they didn't come out right, and each, next, one was started from scratch.
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread