The House for San Bernardino
O.K. … I lied … one more little tidbit.

Earlier, I showed evidence of “inattention at the drill press” as I drilled “outside the lines.” I showed the first step of the recovery from the error and went right to the completed repair.

Well, I once again got a bit overly zealous with the rough cut jewelers’ file and had to do a little more work on the right side of the window. :oops:

So here we have the results of “the squish” method of joining two pieces of styrene with copious amounts of solvent …

Then, using the razor-sharp modeling chisel that I converted from the edge file that came in the Jewelers’ File Set, I carefully trimmed away the excess width of the inserted piece as well as the ooze from the “squish method.”

Then with some careful filing with the fine cut jewelers file and some work with a piece of 400 grit wet-or-dry (wet) rubber cemented on a tongue depressor (my doctor donated a dozen to the cause 8-) ) it will be just honky-dory … but first all the “trim” was removed from the window and …

… we're ready to drop the window into its new home …

PERFECT!

[… well remember, I did mention the wet-or-dry sanding that still needs to be done … but the fit is right on!]

And now … until next time …
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread