The House for San Bernardino
P5se Camelback Wrote:Until then …

Unfortunately, "then" never came.

William Ward Marsland suffered a massive heart failure, and passed away May 11th, 2011.

Before his untimely death, biL had sent me what he termed a "Sneak Peek!" Here are his words and the pictures which accompanied them:

P5se Camelback Wrote:I’m building this house for San Bernardino on the club Layout. Well, I remembered that there were a couple NMRA Merit Award winning structures pointed out during my first tour of the layout, back in August or September some time. I got to thinking. I’m as good a model builder as any of those guys! (I’m getting my confidence back … could you tell?) So I decided that right out of the blocks, my first structure for the Scale Rails club layout shall be an NMRA Merit Award winner!

So I’m going “all out!” I decided on a detailed interior. Then I read the “judging guidelines” and decided … the only commercial parts on this structure will be the Tichy Group windows and doors that I was given by Stan, the “Project Manager.” So I’m scratch-building the stuff for the interior. How mad am I? <grin>

The attached images are but a few which document what goes into the W.C.

Rest in peace, biL.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread