On30 Loco "bash"
Quote:O scale or an On30 model?

I ripped the cab off a Bachmann On30 2-6-0, cut the backhead off , built an extension for the firebox, glued the backhead to that, and reattached the cab. I used some castings, some of the Bachmann details, and scratched the rest. I took about a scale foot off the tender, and opened up the coal bin. The pilot, and trailing wheels are both from Bachmann moguls. The extension of the frame, under the firebox is scratchbuilt.
Most of that is posted on the other forum, but I believe this is the first picture since painting and lettering. #101 is lettered for the Wiscasset Bucksport & Schoodic Point RR.
I posted a thread on "house look", where I explained the angle mount bell on the front of the smoke box, and the moving of the headlight to the pilot deck. This is a feature common to all the roads owned by the shipyard, and is used on all but the few locos where it was impractical.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread