Reading P7sa back to a C1
* In my search for info on different projects like this one. I like to search through the e-books on Google. You read thro some old Railway Age or Locomotive Engineering publications. The sections where people have written in with replies are also very interesting. I read through a May 1896 article on "Old Reading Locomotives". Now these are really old locos. The list was, Catawissa, Rocket, Planet, Comet, Spitfire, Dragon and others. Built by the Stevenson's Company. It speaks of the Milholland Engines, Hiawatha, and Kosciuseo. Look thru the old photos. Really enjoy the read. Then the index shows another article on "Old Reading Locomotives", and low and behold, it is written by the master mechanic of the Reading assigned to accept, and break in various new engines. John Dodsworth, He posts corrections to the article I just read.
* Now he goes on " The Engines referred to were built by Braithwaite and Ericson, and were received at Philadelphia, for the Philadelphia and Reading Railway Company, BY ME". He then corrects tha names of the locomotives. Talk about getting information right from the mouth of the man himself ! The stuff you can find. And it reads like it was written yesterday.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread