Reading P7sa back to a C1
Doc. Your ahead of me, I spent today working on the Cab. Really got no place. My trash can has alot of drawings in it. My work bench , one. My cab I think will be much larger than the one that came on the Mantua model. When you look at the photos of the P7 and C1 you see two different cabs. I am realizing that to make this cab, I have to start with a roof, of a certain size, and curvature, and design and build my way down from there. I spent all day trying to do it the match the measurements the change scale way. It doesn't work because the mantua boiler is not to scale. Not shaped right. I need to make a cab the same with as the Mantua one. It must be a scale foot longer. It also need to be higher to allow for the 4 curved windows in the front wall of the cab.
* Doc, the ash pan dumpers will be tackled later on. If it is possible to do all four with everyone different. This is a real big challenge. You mainly see them from the sides, unless you pick up the train and look underneath. I may just do the two side ones. Lets see what happens when I get the cab done.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread