A Look At Slate Creek.
Larry;

You may just have to scale back and go with a simpler track plan and fewer industries then you'd really like to have. Something like one large industry with say two tracks with specific car spot locations and then one or two smaller industries or a transload track. Some good ideas on here and elsewhere for layouts with that sort of theme.

I used to have an N scale RS-3 and a couple of 50ft box cars around here, but can't find them and have a very hard time visualizing the size of N scale these days. I can sit and draw up track plans using N scale track, but it really helps to be able to see some equipment to get an idea of what would fit on a certain length of track, etc, because as you well know, more often than not, what looks workable on paper, won't work on the actual layout.

I think that it would really help any plan you came up with, if you could have a removable staging track (2-3ft?) on one end of the 12in X 6ft space. It could be straight or curved if necessary and doesn't need to be anything fancy. Just a length of flex track on a piece of wood and a simple plug to supply power to it.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread