"One-of-a-Kind "
Sumpter250 wrote:
The day I bought my Sunset Models, brass, B&O EL3a, 2-8-8-0 , I made a comment about painting, lettering, weathering, and correcting a couple of minor detail "mistakes" ( yeah I had been studying photos of the loco, and just about knew everything I needed to make the model a more accurate representation of the type, as used by the B&O, and didn't realize that I was standing amid a group of "collectors") and was rewarded by loud gasps, and extreme consternation over the fact that I would even begin to think about altering that "collectible". Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted .....
it was a " good day "! Wink Wink
I guess there is a difference between Modelers, Model railraoders, and Collectors . Icon_twisted

sailormatlac wrote:
Ehehe!! You know what, in my eyes, the altered model would be a one-of-a-kind model, then more valuable! ;-)
Matt

Why not.......a thread about your "ones"-of-a-kind. Matt's comment about an altered model being a one-of-a-kind, got me thinking that many of us have built a model that is just that!...."singular"....in essence, a "prototype in its own right".
So! Modified, Scratch-from-the-beginning,whatever, let's see your "One-of-a-kind"
Here's one of mine:    
3' gauge, outside frame, 2-4-4-2 compound articulated, rebuilt from a Baldwin 2-8-0.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread