Almost threw in the towel...
With everything that has been going on in my 3d life, I nearly sold off all of my RR stuff. I lost a lot of sleep over the idea. I even sold a few items. I was resigned to the idea that whatever visions of a layout I had dancing in my head would never see the light of day.
With everything else that had happened, a friend of my wife and her kids lost their house. We decided that we would help them out. We let them move in with us. They lived here for 10 months. I will not go into great detail, but suffice it to say, it did not end well. No good deed goes unpunished. Never again. EVER. I would give the shirt off my back to help a lot of people, but NEVER will I let people move in to my home.

That aside, something in me snapped. I need my railroad empire. That is one world that I can control. I don't have to worry who thinks what about it, as long as I am getting what I want out of it, so be it. It is my anchor to sanity, and I refuse to let it go. It's bad enough that I had to leave my MRR friends behind for as long as I did.

It is my New Year's Resolution to make something of my empire, and that is one resolution I will not let go of.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.

Messages In This Thread