Mountaingoatgreg 2012 New Years Challenge
Matt: I have the original Plats from the SP&S for the area and sat their looking them over, and could not figure out why the draftsmen drew the road all weird with the line not down the middle. Then I found an aerial shot of the area in one of my books a realized the sidewalk was a good 10' from the road. So naturally I had to model this on my little scene, and just like the prototype it fits between the points nad frog.

Doc: I am still struggling to figure out HOW I am goign to do the large building, so it will probably be one of the last things I do. I think it will be a real eye catcher when it is all said and done. As for the swtich it is a Walthers turnout that I am upgrading. I have removed the rail from behind the frog and slid in the Micro engineering rail. I have als oremoved the frog which will be replaced with one from Proto87 stores. The throw bar and points have been taken off the goofy Walthers throw, have been cleaned up and will be placed back using passrts from Proto87 stores. I may use a PC board tie for the throw bar and place the details on top for reliability purposes. I need to get it on the work bench and start digging in to it. Getting the track working really needs to be my next task if I want to have this module in any form of completion by the end of the challenge.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread