Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
Catt Wrote:Any chance of a more modern font for us modern guys?

For the same lettering, even changing nothing but the font, requires a totally new order and, of course, a minimum of 25 sets. The font used and even the style of the herald is very traditional, and certainly contributes to its credibility on older style cars, but I think that it could still look good on a more modern car. Since dimensional data isn't part of the set (a deliberate choice on my part to accommodate modern-era modellers), the use of such data, along with "lube plates" and other modern touches should make it look right. On an outside post car, the herald (I guess it might be called a logo nowadays) would be on a sheet metal plaque attached to the ribs, like this:

[Image: Garysfreightcars07.jpg]

The other alternative is to simply use alphabet decals or dry transfers to make a modernised version. The herald part could be done in a modern font or eliminated altogether, then all that would be required is LS&W reporting marks and numerals in a modern style.
If the custom decal idea doesn't float (it's looking quite promising, though Thumbsup ) it would be my plan to simply do four or five cars that way, using the original-style herald, of course. We're fortunate, I guess, that biL's sense of design produced an all-word herald with no picture or outline - easy to reproduce letter-by-letter. Wink Goldth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread