Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
An update on the LS&W decal project. Here's a first draught of the proposed decal sheet:

[Image: lehigh_outline_art.jpg]

The finished sheet will be 3.5"x4.25", with the largest reporting marks and numerals about 4mm high. The mid-size reporting marks and numerals, at 2mm, are intended as end data for HO scale cars, while the smallest are meant for the same purpose in N scale. N scale modellers can use either the HO reporting marks and numerals or the HO car-end data as the lettering for their car sides. I don't have biL's proposed numbering scheme (accidentally deleted an e-mail with that info 35 ), so you'll need to make your own version - the numerals will need to be applied individually, and there are lines for above the reporting marks and below the numbers if your era requires them. They'll need to be cut-out and applied separately.
There are three sizes of the LS&W herald, and enough data to potentially letter three cars from one sheet. The modeller will need to provide their own dimensional data appropriate to their particular era. Rail Graphics, who will be producing the decals, offers dimensional data sheets suitable for several particular eras.
I've tried to offer the most possibilities with the lettering sizes and the selection of numerals, but their application is up to the individual modeller. I'll be doing at least a half-dozen cars for myself, and will post pictures here when they're done. I invite all who are participating in this memorial for biL to join in.

Preliminary response indicates that I'll be ordering 50 sets, with 5 in black and the balance in white and that the price will be approximately $3.00 per sheet, plus the postage required for me to send it to you - probably just the cost of a letter.

I welcome any comments or criticisms - I've sent a proof to Rail Graphics and hope to get a firmer estimate on the cost. Once the artwork has been okayed by both them and those interested in copies of the decals, I'll need a PM or e-mail from everyone, outlining how many sets you want and whether in black or white.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread