Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
nachoman Wrote:Wow, I missed this. This is a great idea - is it too late to get a set in white? I've got an undecorated boxcar I am working on now, and it's gonna need decals!

It shouldn't be a problem: based on the results of the poll, I plan on ordering 50 sets, which is a few more than were requested.
I'm not getting much response via e-mail or PM from those who replied to the poll, though. At the moment I'm looking only for verification that you're still interested in however many sets you originally indicated. This is simply to determine the size of the initial order. Nobody will be required to pay until you have the decals in-hand.

On the subject of payment, Reinhard (faraway) was kind enough to try a test run of PayPal. He sent me $1.00 (Canadian) via PayPal, and I was surprised to discover that only 66 cents of that was added to my PayPal account. While we're not talking massive sums of money here, a 33% fee seems rather excessive.
Postage rates for me to mail the decals to you are $.61 within Canada, $1.05 to the U.S., and $1.80 International, so it would appear that buyers would need to pay the cost of the decals ordered, plus the applicable postage, plus an additional 33%. I don't mind fronting the original cost, and I'm certainly not interested in making any money from this idea, but I also don't want to lose money on this nor do I like seeing anybody get gouged.
I can accept personal cheques from Canadians, but those from elsewhere are sometimes difficult to cash. My original though was that buyers could simply mail cash (bills only, no coins) by placing it inside a folded sheet of paper and then in an envelope. I know this is not the best method, but I've used it successfully several times. I can accept either Canadian or U.S. money, as I'm quite close to the border and can travel there anytime - the current exchange rate is roughly equal. If anybody has another suggestion, please post it here.

My brother has indicated that the suggested change to the decals will be done, and once I get the file, I'll be ordering, so please contact me to verify your interest. A PM will work, or you can e-mail me at:

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:wtoth2@cogeco.ca">wtoth2@cogeco.ca</a><!-- e -->

Wayne

Messages In This Thread