Poll: Are you interested in decals for biL's Lehigh Susquehanna & Western railroad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 HO scale set in white
25.00%
5 25.00%
2 HO scale sets in white
35.00%
7 35.00%
3 HO scale sets in white
15.00%
3 15.00%
4 HO scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
5 HO scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 HO scale set in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
2 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 HO scale sets in black
5.00%
1 5.00%
4 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 HO scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in white
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in white
5.00%
1 5.00%
3 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in white
0%
0 0%
1 N scale set in black
0%
0 0%
2 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
3 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
4 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
5 N scale sets in black
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Remembering biL Marsland...
Ralph Wrote:....Say, does anyone recall any photos of rolling stock bil made? I was wondering about colors. I plan on putting my decals on black hoppers but wondered about other cars.
Ralph

Ralph, the only rolling stock I saw belonging to biL was his bobber cabooses.
I had biL's numbering system in an e-mail and accidentally deleted it, so everyone is on their own as far as paint schemes and car numbering is concerned.
I'm planning to do gondolas, flatcars, hoppers, and covered hoppers in black, wood reefers in orange with boxcar red ends and roofs, steel reefers in yellow, with boxcar red ends and roofs, and boxcars, both wood (single and double sheathed) and steel in boxcar red with black ends and roofs. This is, of course, for my '30s era layout, and modellers of more modern eras may want their covered hoppers in grey, along with other simplifications. As I said, though, I'm just going with what I think will look suitable for my era and tastes and that is not, to the best of my recollections, based on anything biL may have said. Black open cars were common in my era, and the use of it on covered hoppers at that time was also quite common (Erie, Nickel Plate, TH&B, CPR, etc.) as were black ends and roofs on house cars.
I'm using six-digit numbers - I can't recall if he used six or eight, but six seems to sort of ring a bell, plus the available digits will go farther. Wink Misngth And, no, I won't be doing all of the cars mentioned, at least for myself, but do plan on hoppers (2-bay offset side), gondolas, and doublesheathed boxcars (all from Accurail), and covered hoppers (Flux service) from Bowser.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread