Ghost fleet from my past
Hello!
Stimulated by Pete, i rememberd my ghost fleet. Shipmodels that i build long ago in the eraly 1980's for a planned H0 layout situated in Northern Germany. There were also a lot of buildings and other stuff of German origin collected and build for this never realized layout.
But alas, a real 1:1 house was bought and this house needed all my attention to convert it to a home for my family. For several years then we lived on a construction site because we made a lot of the work do it yourself. So nearly all of the model RR stuff was stored away, far away, too far away.
Nowadays the work is done, the house and dept charges complete paid off and is 100% our own property.
Times changed, i became an US Model RR fan and the German stuff almost forgotten.
So the planned layout was never started.

[Image: dsc05316vmfu2.jpg]
The first model is a freighter who is coming out of the fog of the past. With all his dust and spiderweb glory. Wink

[Image: dsc05317gwd4y.jpg]

[Image: dsc05326rrknn.jpg]

[Image: dsc05319wliz1.jpg]

[Image: dsc053281ikad.jpg]

[Image: dsc0532099f6d.jpg]

[Image: dsc05321gmfft.jpg]

[Image: dsc053238ze9q.jpg]

[Image: dsc05322qhe7n.jpg]
The model is 87cm long and at least a "shorty" because of it's relative shortness compared to real ships.
As comparison a prototype 80' coach is compressed to 50' in model.
It is also not the model of a real prototype. Here i tried make a generic model of a typical period freighter.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread