Industries in Maine
I'm trying to decide what industries I can have on my layout which is based in Maine.

My time frame is from the 1970s to the 1990s & I'm planning my layout so I can run a whole host of Maine railroads. I'm starting with the Guilford System & the Bangor & Aroostook but I plan on adding the Boston & Maine & Maine Central to the collection. Im planning on 3 or 4 locos from each railroad so I get plenty of choice to run on my compact railroad which is 2 x 6'6

I'm planning on building the docksider bonus layout in lance Mindheim's " 8 realistic trackplans for a spare room " but moving its location to deepest Maine. The problem I face is knowing next to nothing about the railroads in Maine & the industries along the lines. The layout has 3 industries on it & I want to give the small layout plenty of switching operation.
I've looked on YouTube to try & find some videos of the railroads in question switching but I have not found much.

Can anyone please help me out as it is hard to find details on a railroad that is in another country. Also it would be great if I could tie in the industries with kits that are available to purchase. My gauge is HO.

Thanks

Si

Messages In This Thread