Industries in Maine
That's why I mentioned the industries that I did. You can have these industries anywhere and either have a local switcher do the job or a short line (New England was/is chocked full of them) do the job. The Moshassuck Valley Railroad and the Warwick Railway were taken over by the Providence and Worcester Railroad, but operated as separate entities for awhile.

If you want a nice little layout that fits on a 6x1 foot foot space, then you may want to look at Rich Weyland's Highland Terminal Railroad (in my opinion, one of the best switching layouts ever designed on a small footprint) http://carendt.us/articles/highland/. Here's the basic plan:

[Image: 8050912901_89c4b67459_b.jpg]

If you type in small layouts or 6x1 foot ho train layouts in your favorite search engine, then click on images on the results page. That way you can see track plans before you click on the link for the full story of the layout.

As far as industries are concerned, industrial parks have a vast array of customers and freight car flow. The listing that I put down earlier is for a good mix of freight cars with 3-6 cars handled per day.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread