dial-up problems
Sumpter250 Wrote:Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Actually,.......No,........It's more like 78 RPM records on a wind up Victrola !!! Eek Icon_twisted 357 357 357

In the end, the problem was AT&T working on the phone lines ! To add insult to injury, they had to come and ring the door bell to try to sell me their latest package! Wish they had shown the courtesy of ringing the door bell to tell me they would be "working on the phone lines" !!! Curse
I guess I should have figured right away that AT&T would "fail" long before "El-cheapo" modem. 35

Did you ever think that they be "working" on the phone lines in order to show you that their latest package was far better than what you had? Misngth That's an old trick, but I'm sure you didn't fall for it..... did you????? :?

I remember when I was dealing with alarm installation companies, there were some that used to have a few homes in a neighborhood burglarized , then they'd go door-to-door in the same neighborhood selling alarms systems. Yup, that's how they used to do it. Today, they just use a robo dialer and pester the hell out of you. Like yesterday, I got four auto-calls from some alarm system installers trying to scare me into getting a "free" system installed in my house. Wallbang Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread