Sumpter 250's duff challenge
The Hobby Shop had to order the gearboxes I need, from NWSL, so the running gear, is temporarily "waiting parts".
I've done some " cut/hack/butcher/chainsaw-massacre " work to the tender and an "Olde Time" tank car.
Here, front to back, "The Project" 2-6-6-2, the 2-4-4-2, and a 2-8-2 w/ another Kit-bashed Vanderbilt Tender.

I have to make another trip to the H/S, I don't have a generator, and I think I'll equip this loco with a Top Feed Check Valve,
so I'll need to get one of those, along with the generator.

The can motor I'll be using, is a Sagami 16304-9. It fits perfectly inside the tender. I'll have to build a motor mount for it, that will have the end cap of the tank attached, so the whole assembly can be slid out the back end, for "motor replacement" ( if that is ever needed ). A single mounting screw at the bottom of the tank, should be enough to hold it in place.
I decided to leave the sand dome, and the steam dome, where they were ( based on Sierra Railways 2-6-6-2, #38 ).
The sand for the lead engine will be on the pilot, most likely two boxes, with the headlamp in the center. I'll be using the same Power Reverse unit that the 2-4-4-2 has, and the same "front end" bell.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread