Sumpter 250's duff challenge
modelsof1900 Wrote:This looks to be a very interesting free-lance engine project - done with many many knowledge. Wish you success!

Deciding to make a shipyard, the "Parent Company" of "my railroad", opened creative doors that normally wouldn't have existed. All that was needed was the addition of "Locomotive manufacturing Specific" Machines, and the shipyard was 'in business" ! Popcornbeer Cheers Popcornbeer And I have a couple of unique, but thoroughly justifiable, Steam Locomotives, in "The Modern Era".
It helps, that the "Shipyard owner ", ( ME ), is a "steam freak" 357 357 357

Got up to the Hobby Shop Yesterday, got some 0-80 screws that I needed, and they are just about the right diameter to replace the side rod / drive rod shafts on the main driver counterweights. I will now have to carefully remove the four counterweights, cut off the existing shafts, and replace them with longer ones, and I'll be ready to build the valve gear.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread