Sumpter 250's duff challenge
Eek Eek Curse

Just discovered a "bit of a problem" with the project ! :o Nope Icon_lol Curse Curse

The support for the crosshead guide, and the valve gear of the lead engine, falls right above the middle driver axle, and spring. I guess I'll have to "get creative", unless I can find some prototypical solution.
The spring rigging on the rear engine is out of the way, below the top surface of the frame, with a yoke bearing on the upper part of the journals. I might just re-rig the front engine suspension, in the same manner, to clear the area for the support.
There's always that surprise drawback when "recycling scrapped locomotive frames and parts" :oops: Confusedhock: :oops:
I did get the brake reservoir, and control valve fittings mounted under the engineer's side of the cab, re-positioned the walkways, and built a new front engine sandbox, with enough room between the filler caps, to mount the headlight. The backup light, for the tender, will get mounted on the tank end, rather than on top of the tank. This way, changing the bulb will be easier. Remove motor assembly; change bulb and re-solder; re-install motor assembly; Done!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread