Eagle Project Caboose threatened, needs parts to move!
Hey guys,

Some of you may remember that I was trying to support a local railroad museum where I did my Eagle Project. In short, they lost the game, and most of the stuff is getting cut up.

HOWEVER,

Because of my Eagle scout project to rebuild the caboose, it was actually deemed to be in good enough shape for someone to bid and save the caboose from outright scrapping. Unfortunately, we hit a snag.

The caboose sits on old Archbar trucks, and they have Journal boxes. Apparently, there is something in the Journal box called a "Brass" or something to that effect. I am unfamiliar with the parts of these old railroad trucks.

These parts are either lost or stolen, and I'm told the caboose can't be moved without massive axle damage. If the parts can't be found within a reasonable amount of time, the caboose will have to be cut up.

The caboose is a CNJ plywood and Batten Caboose, road number 91291. I'm told the trucks are original.

Perhaps some of you are involved with museums or may know someone who knows where to get these parts?

Here is the caboose, on the last "workday" of the Eagle Project, back in 2007

[Image: Last%20work%20day%20049.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread