Experience with USPS Parcel Tracking?
Brakie Wrote:Don:Just routine for the USPS I'm guessing. Isn't this the organization that sometimes delivers mail 30, 40 or even 50 years late, with no explanation of where it's been all that time?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Unless the mail was in the mail storage car on the PRR that needed RIP and the car was placed out of service scheduled to be scrapped instead of repaired..The scrappers cut the locks and found the mail----in 1987 25 years later..The car set at the scrappers for several years awaiting the torch.

Can we assume that they sent the mail out in 1987 rather than waiting that few extra years? It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Nope You occasionally read where a postcard or a letter shows up 25 or 30 years later with no explanation or note that they found it under some piece of equipment that they just replaced or somewhere else. You wonder though, how they can loose track of a package for so long. I can see losing it forever (theft, no address, crushed under a truck :o ) but every package has a tracking code....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread