Ludgren Equipment Scratchbuild
This was my second choice for my Orphan Challenge, in looking at the time frame that I was allowed I knew I would not finish, so I decided to do something else. Now that the challenge is over I decided that this would be a good project to pick away at for the next year...

I wanted to build some logging and heavy equipment but really did not have a place to put it on my current Free-mo modules. In looking at this building I figured I could change it into a heavy equipment and truck repair shop and fil lthe yard with interesting equipment. It would also give me a place to park my stuff and photograph it when finished.

This building started as as part of a garage I was going to build for my layour in Kansas. Since then I have removed the small vehicle section and decided to use the small side area as a machne shop and crew area.

Here is what I started with.

[Image: IMG_3308.JPG]

I have removed the back end of the buildign to place in some larger windows and started on the machine/crew area of the building

Here is the front view
[Image: IMG_7025.JPG]

and back view
[Image: IMG_7027.JPG]

My next task is to frame in the large rear widnows and make some repairs to some of the studs.
I also have around 25 large trusses and 12 small trusses that I need to build.

[Image: IMG_7028.JPG]

I did build a jig for the trusses, but it is still very time consuming...
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread