HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
Gidday Frank, thanks.
Reinhard,  I feel like a bit of a fraud. :oops: The material I'm using  is MDF which I am going to have to paint to seal and the Peco Code 100 track which is second hand and about six years old, and because I live in an active geothermal area has been naturally stained, thanks to  hydrogen sulphide gas. So alas I can take no credit. Nope
Sumpter 250.  My apologies, the linked photo was the photo that made me aware that the Detroit River Car Ferries existed and sold me on the idea of building one. Here's a photo of the Windsor which I'm freelancing...https://greatlakes.bgsu.edu/item/440795. she has four cowl ventilators with an openings of 4 scale feet. Well that is what I've determined and without plans is just an approximation, which does not explain why I'm agonizing over getting them dead right, must be a character flaw  Wallbang  
"...there's always something new to learn, and one of the greatest places to live is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve."  One of the cleverest engineers and bosses I had the privilege to work for and with, maintained, " if you don't learn something new each day , my boy , then you're letting yourself down and  also not trying hard enough"  This is all new to me, at the local club and for others, I'm very comfortable about building benchwork, tracklaying and wiring, (with the hydrogen sulphide, local common practice is to have a feeder to every length of track) and basic scenery, so I'm enjoying this aspect of the hobby, though, to be fair, not the mistakes  35
Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread