HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
According to my Oxford Dictionary a hobby is "an occupation that a person does for pleasure, not as his main business" so I wonder at myself for getting annoyed when I find I sidetracked myself yet again.  Wallbang
However I've dusted off the ferry project and these are the most current photos of where I'm at.
Scratch building the apron counterweight mechanism.

The measurements for the apron was a guestimate, (last year) looking at Google maps of the old Pere Marquette/ Wabash yard on the Detroit side just up stream from the Ambassador Bridge and the  photos I found on the interweb of the counterweight mechanisms, (feel free to correct me if I'm using the wrong terminalogy)  are taken on the Windsor side. I now figure that the apron on the Windsor side was shorter than the Detroit aprons, so I feel that my proportions are not quite right . Just last week while looking at the area again I managed to get the Google Street view and got to get to right angles of the mechanisms, and now wish I had made the arm about 5 scale feet longer, and the A frame at a more acute angle, but even while it bugs me, I think laziness will win. Sad  Wink

Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread