HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
Well it stopped raining in the paint shop.
I find it’s all very well to scratchbuild one item, actually it’s not;  the idea how to make the item may not immediately come to mind and then sometimes I try hard to complicate the build and also over engineer the process. Case in point these davits, I only want them to “look about right” not actually work and have to support the weight of a life boat. Usually I draw a picture to make sure the dimensions not only look about right but that the item will fit in its allocated space and ties in with the surrounds. Having done that, I still find that while building the item it’s often a case of “suck it and see”.
Having made the one item and decided it does “look about right”, and that’s not always a given, Wallbang   the real challenge is to then duplicate accurately the rest.
I can see the differences but as long as I stick to the “Three Foot Rule”(with one eye closed)  i’m pretty happy with these.

Thanks for looking, Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread