I'm still alive!
I was somewhat short of time trying to keep up with 2 forums, and all the other stuff. Got nowhere on the layout, most of my time was spent prepping for club shows. Had a friend who needed a place to stay, so the only rom available was the layout room. I didn't tear it down then, but I did chop out the duckunder at the entrance, so no more full circuit of the room. I didn't do much running after that, and the layout became just a storage shelf. I moved this past May - the layout did come apart as I intended - track and roadbed was laid right over the gaps, I just cut through it all with a Dremel. I have no plans to set the old layout back up, but all the pieces are there, stacked up with the legs in another pile. I'll salvage what I can for the new one - probably some of the wood and maybe rip all the foam off to use as landforms.
I am hoping to get the room prep finished by next winter so I can get going again. We'll see. There are some house things that need attention first, the main one at this time being leaky jointed gutters that need replacing - especially the ones at the back that drip down right along the foundation. The good news is that both the furnace and water heater are brand new, so those potentially major expenses should be avoided for now. And the roof should be good for another 10-12 years based on when it was installed and the kind of materials used.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread