New Cutter, for the Seaport Village
Got just a bit more done on the Cutter. A lot of the ironwork is done, added the pin rails,port and starboard. Got the topmast stay rigged, and built, and rigged the Jack stays to the boom band. The falls for the Jack stays have to be attached to the pin rails, and the main sheet rigged to the bale at the aft end of the boom, and the "traveler" on deck aft of the steering box.
I also got most of the trim done on the main cabin and the hatches, rebuilt the ship's wheel, and added the drinking water barrel

The next ironwork will be the chain-plates for the main and topmast shrouds, so they can be rigged.
Part of the delay here, is that I have decided to build a 1:125 scale model of USS Lowry DD-770, using the "Blue Devil Destroyer" hull, which is the right length at 36". I'm in the "research stage" right now. The hull is the only part of "that kit", that I will use.
Everything else will have to be scratch built, because the "kit" was designed more as a toy, than as a scale model. Most of that will be fairly easy to do. There is one detail that is going to be a small nightmare........ a 1:125 scale QH50 Destroyer Anti Submarine Helicopter ( D.A.S.H. ) Lowry was a FRAM II Sumner class DD.

Attached Files Image(s)

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread