On again, off again.....
Yeah, talk about being confused. Last fall, we decided to move and so I dismantled my train room, turned it into a bedroom, and took my layout to the landfill. My workbench also followed. About two months later, we decided it wasn't the right time to sell, plus we had no idea where we were going to move to, so I took the bed frame I built and turned it into a base from my new layout. I also built a new workbench. All was well, but I was a bit hesitant to start on a new layout, and with good reason. Yup, we decided this was the right time to move.... We found a new place about seven miles north of where we now live, and we signed the contract yesterday. It'll take about five months to build the house, so we have some time yet, but I guess I'll be taking down my layout base and converting it back into a bed frame. I'm not sure where things will go after that, I will have room for a small layout, or I might just choose to do dioramas for a while, but I am itching to build something. But anyway, here's a few shots of what I've put together and have to take down once again....

The bed frame:

Added legs:

Added foam sheets:

Added parts and tool drawer:

The new workbench:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread