Noooooo .....Not on FRESH water !!!!

Over 160 years ago the Schooner Yacht America ( the model of it, above ) won the first of what became the " America's Cup Race" for over 160 Years, once every four years, that race has been rerun, always on Salt water.
This year the race will run again, but this time on Lake Michigan, just off the Chicago shore. The first time ever on Fresh Water.
The vessels have changed over the years, from the schooners, to Twelve Meter yachts, to ( another first ) Catamarans.....
On Hydrofoils !! Confusedhock: I have seen a few "previews" of the Cats, up on the foils of one of the two hulls, with the crew all standing on the rail of the hull out of the water, leaning straight out held by lines, apparently from the top of the mast.
OK it may not be on Salt Water, but I have a feeling that this year will be the most spectacular "cup race" EVER.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread