Renovating my workshop
Well I was working on the last part of my scissor's Cutting's project when I got distracted by the mess in my workshop. It seems that I keep collecting new tools, books and other parts but am quickly running out of room to put them.
[Image: DSCF6792_zpsvczkpj8j.jpg]
My workshop was a bedroom in my basement that I re-purposed. It measures out to 10 X 13'. The left side has my workbench (office desk) and a set of Ikea bookshelves that contain my Model railroader, Model railroad Craftman and other magazine collection as well as other books. Lately that magazine collection has bee spilling out onto the floor.
On the right side was an old dresser and a low cabinet that I used for storage.
[Image: DSCF6790_zpszl0ixsj1.jpg]
I recently got rid of the dresser as it's a rather inefficient way of storing small boxes and such. I want to keep the low cabinet as it's still useful.
In the center of the room is my airbrush booth. it was sitting on a 26" x 66" table that was taking up too much room and I was having difficulty getting around it. So that too was given away. I managed to find the blue stand that you see in the pictures at work (they were just going to throw it away.) I then went to work building a new set of shelves on the right wall.
[Image: DSCF6796_zpshcztweaq.jpg]
I built the shelves you see here in a few weekends of work. most of the lumber is salvaged from various shipping crates and pallets that came from work. The taller section's shelves are 2 X 4' with one shelf being used for my miniature drill press and sander.
[Image: DSCF6797_zpspwrlcxxp.jpg]
The narrower shelves are 4' long and 16" deep. they also straddle the lower cabinet.
[Image: DSCF6798_zpswjotjqcj.jpg]
I still have quite a bit more to put away. and I also need to invest in some trays to put all my model paints. I probably have more that 200 bottles of floquil, scalecoat, polly-s, and model master paint as well as all the rattle cans you see in the photos.

Messages In This Thread