Building Paper Card Stock Alley...with some "cheating"
Soldiering on here...

I started to work on the Department Store for my Alley Row Scene.  

So, a few nights ago I started building these walls...however thought they looked too industrial park to me and not enough small town downtown.  I went back and looked a photos of buildings in the area and the type of exterior construction and made the decision to use brick through out for the exterior.  So back to the cutting mat.

So here is what I came up with.  I used some of the "concrete" pattern to make the indication of "floors" on the outside, but also to break up the brick pattern.  I did not use all the windows I placed here.  I decided to keep it as simple as possible.

I also decided to add a small loading dock to the back as well to help break up the wall and add some detail to the back.

I made an I-Beam to span the distance across the width of the dock to support the bricks as I didn't want it to appear as if they were floating across the span.  The dock has over 11 scale feet of clearance.  It has enough clearance to accommodate a piggyback trailer and most delivery trucks I have so I'm good with that.  

So, I believe at this point I've assembled the walls and may have added the floor bracing inside the interior.  Since then I've added the card stock for the roof which I'm gluing up right now.  That's all for now.  Take care everyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building Paper Card Stock Alley...with some "cheating" - by tetters - 11-07-2020, 07:25 PM