Wooden HO Crossbucks
Who makes wooden HO crossbucks with signage appropriate for a U.S. railroad in the transition era, c. 1947-55?  I'm not finding any on an Internet search.

I'm looking for ones such as these on the Rix Products website with numerals, etc.

https://rixproducts.com/product/crossbucks-milepost-ho/

Better still, I'd like to make them myself using scale lumber and decals.  I believe I once read an article in MRM or a Kalmbach book on how to make them, but cannot find it now. Any ideas?
I think that you may have used the wrong link.  The Rix crossbucks are injection moulded styrene, as are those from Tichy and Pikestuff.

I have a couple of Canadian-style crossbucks in wood (RAILWAY rather than RAILROAD), but don't recall the maker.  However, a quick search shows that Banta has some U.S. style ones in wood.

Wayne
Doctor Wayne,

The link is correct.  I used it merely as a design/style exmaple, the material notwithstanding.  The Canadian crossbucks are from Osborn Model Works.  On my first pass, I missed the crossbucks on the Banta website.  What it has may work for me.

Still, I prefer to make them myself.  Any suggestions for the correct size stripwood to use or for instructions?
(11-17-2019, 05:18 PM)Seamus O'Leary Wrote: Doctor Wayne,

The link is correct.  I used it merely as a design/style exmaple, the material notwithstanding.....

Well, when I click on it, it takes me to homeimprovement.com, with no reference at all to crossbucks, HO scale, or anything model-related.

(11-17-2019, 05:18 PM)Seamus O'Leary Wrote: .....Still, I prefer to make them myself.  Any suggestions for the correct size stripwood to use or for instructions?

I've done very little with wood since I discovered styrene as a scratchbuilding material, but the post looks like it would be a 6"x6" (5'5"x5'5") and this LINK pretty-much confirms that.  However, I can't say for sure to what era the link is in reference.  I did see, on another site, that where the blades (the actual crossbucks) are wood, that they were also 9" wide, but the height of the post seems to vary depending on its location.

For the construction, white or yellow glue should work, or ca, if you prefer a more rapid bond.

Wayne
Many thanks, Wayne. That link also opened to the Home Improvement site for me, as well as, initially, the correct one. Go figger!

The dimensions you cited and the info in that other link should help. I'll read up on it later.