Just testing
Yeah, just testing to make sure my "new" computer can do what it's supposed to do. I say, "new" because it was new about six months ago when I bough it, just waiting for this day when I actually put it to work. So by today's standards, it has to be obsolete by now.

If I say, "Ignore this post", I know what usually happens, so I'm not going to say that and I'll bet that no one responds. Icon_rolleyes

Just have about 1,253 more settings to change before things appear normal. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Are we supposed to ignore this post? That isn't possible is it?  Icon_e_biggrin Nope 
Charlie
(09-08-2020, 05:57 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Are we supposed to ignore this post? That isn't possible is it?  Icon_e_biggrin Nope 
Charlie

I had planned to ignore it, but since I can't see it, it's impossible to ignore it.

Wayne
I'll put a comment on this thread in a couple of years' time.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Don,

my sympaty to you.

Not so long ago:

[Image: dsc02558xyk3t.jpg]
The core pegged out.

[Image: dsc02557ffkk4.jpg]
Because one of the 4 fasteners of the cooling tower was not properly fitted.
A real burn out.

I was able to purchase a second hand core processor (27,50 €) and with the help of a friend we got the computer reanimated.

Lutz
You know, answering threads like this are like finding a potato chip or a jelly bean between the couch cushions. You know you shouldn't eat them, but the urge is way too great to fight...

BTW, I went to the store the other day to buy a couch, and wound up buying a sofa.... Does anyone know the difference? I surly don't.... Nope

Lutz, that looks like something from "Frankenstein", but glad you got it working. Most people would just throw it out and start from scratch. I did just that, but my old computer was still working so I could take my time. I thought it was six months, but I just found the shipping tag and it has been one full year since I bought this one. I must admit, I waited too long, I find this one loads pages way faster than my old one. Just have one problem to solve, I used the keyboard and mouse from my old computer, and now my new one won't wake up from the sleep mode without powering down first. A bit tiring to say the least.... Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Post? What post?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(09-09-2020, 06:23 AM)ezdays Wrote: You know, answering threads like this are like finding a potato chip or a jelly bean between the couch cushions. You know you shouldn't eat them, but the urge is way too great to fight...

BTW, I went to the store the other day to buy a couch, and wound up buying a sofa.... Does anyone know the difference? I surly don't.... Nope

Lutz, that looks like something from "Frankenstein", but glad you got it working. Most people would just throw it out and start from scratch. I did just that, but my old computer was still working so I could take my time. I thought it was six months, but I just found the shipping tag and it has been one full year since I bought this one. I must admit, I waited too long, I find this one loads pages way faster than my old one. Just have one problem to solve, I used the keyboard and mouse from my old computer, and now my new one won't wake up from the sleep mode without powering down first. A bit tiring to say the least.... Icon_lol

Don, I just got a new laptop with a solid state drive and wow, it is fast, 14 seconds from the on button to full up windows 10. It does not recognize the usb ports when asleep either but it does come back touching the built in keyboard.  There is probably a setting to allow the usb ports to be on during sleep mode if you can dig deep enough

Charlie
(09-09-2020, 08:00 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Don, I just got a new laptop with a solid state drive and wow, it is fast, 14 seconds from the on button to full up windows 10. It does not recognize the usb ports when asleep either but it does come back touching the built in keyboard.  There is probably a setting to allow the usb ports to be on during sleep mode if you can dig deep enough

Charlie

When I was loading all the programs and changing settings, I was using the mouse and keyboard that came with the computer (really cheap ones). I switched them to ones that I've been using for years (better quality) when I moved the computer. In both cases, they are all USB, but that's a clue that I'll follow up on, there has to be a difference.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(09-09-2020, 07:00 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Post? What post?

Did I just hear someone say something???? Icon_e_surprised 

Well, I plugged in the cheap mouse and I could wake the machine up from the mouse or keyboard. Switched to the good mouse and everything is working like it should with the sleep mode. A few more things to test and I'm hoping that's it. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and