Anyone for a Nov/Dec chat??
(11-25-2020, 07:33 AM)Charlie B Wrote: I put a link to the Skype site on my desktop a month ago. I think it is time to test it out. We could set up a meeting for a couple of us most anytime.
Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I think we would need at least three of us to test out the group meetings. I've done one-on-one, but don't know how it works with more than two people. Let's think about doing something next week.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Well Don next week came and went   If anyone is available maybe we can get 3 or more folks to try the new skype. 
here is the link I saved. It should work for anyone https://www.skype.com/en/free-conference-call/  It goes direct to start a meeting but I think you can just take a quick look at that page.  
I have enjoyed the video meetings, Staying at home is currently a plus for me. I am not terrified of this virus but i damned sure respect its effect.  CSI guy is recovering but one of my other Kiski volunteers father died with it yesterday and he was my age. He had other issues but don't we all once we reach retirement. 
Chime in someone we need 3 for a test and we can make it short. 
Charlie
I'm in. Just let me know when.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
i would give it a try'.
Jim
Thanks Charlie for reminding me, been busy getting some end of the year things done that I never imagined I'd be doing right now.

We can try tomorrow around 7:00PM Eastern time, or Saturday about the same time would work for me.  I still haven't looked at the group thing with Skype, do we need to send out invites or do we just show up? I'll do some looking around tomorrow. You know how it is when you show up for a meeting unprepared.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Would I have to install anything on my computer or just show up?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(12-11-2020, 08:38 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Would I have to install anything on my computer or just show up?

With either skype or zoom you just click on the link. You have to give the program access to your camera and microphone but that's just a couple clicks. I see Skype has a limit too, it's 24 hours so I think it's worth a try. 
Tonight at 7 works for me
Charlie.
Either day works for me.

Tom

OK, let's do 7:00 eastern. I'll spend some time this morning seeing what it takes to put us all on the same page.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'm going to try this. I have a link, if you want to join in, click on it. I'm not sure what's going on, but if this doesn't work, we'll try something else. 7:00 Eastern, 5:00 Arizona time.

https://join.skype.com/J4jM0BefVQo6
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(12-11-2020, 10:36 AM)ezdays Wrote: OK, let's do 7:00 eastern. I'll spend some time this morning seeing what it takes to put us all on the same page.

Don look at the Skype link I posted, I think all you need do is send a link just like zoom Might be able to post it in this thread too. 
Charlie
(12-11-2020, 12:22 PM)Charlie B Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 10:36 AM)ezdays Wrote: OK, let's do 7:00 eastern. I'll spend some time this morning seeing what it takes to put us all on the same page.

Don look at the Skype link I posted, I think all you need do is send a link just like zoom Might be able to post it in this thread too. 
Charlie

Charlie, I just did, I posted it about the same time you posted. Look at the post above yours. I had a problem, when I closed Skype and tried to reopen it, it was gone. I had to download it again. I just clicked on my link and it's good, I can start the meeting whenever I want, so let's do the time we agreed on. If anyone else wants to join in, they can click on my link. Here it is again:

https://join.skype.com/J4jM0BefVQo6
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, i will try an attempt to join.
Here is MET, meaning UTC+1
You said 7:00 US Eastern Time which means UTC-5

From this it follows there is a time difference of 6 hours and is meaning 01:00 am MET Saturday is the same time as 07:00 pm US Eastern Time Friday. Right?

Lutz
(12-11-2020, 12:48 PM)Schraddel Wrote: OK, i will try an attempt to join.
Here is MET, meaning UTC+1
You said 7:00 US Eastern Time which means UTC-5

From this it follows there is a time difference of 6 hours and is meaning 01:00 am MET Saturday is the same time as 07:00 pm US Eastern Time Friday. Right?

Lutz

Arizona is UTC-7, so I think that calculates right.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
See y'all at 6

Tom