CN Blackwater division
That's all coming together nicely Glen. I like the timber framed tunnel portal and the cast retaining walls. Nice work on the rock castings for rock cut in the corner.
Nice work.

Do you put anything under the area you are going to use the hydrocal towels to catch any drips?
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thank you. Before I make any mess I spread a few plastic garbage bags under the benchwork to protect the carpet.
I made a bit more progress on the corner scenery this past week or two.

I added the hardshell, a few rock castings and colored the rock castings. This time around I was a bit more diligent with the masking tape to protect my trackwork and already finished scenery.  

I found this in a local dollar store and thought it might be a good tip to pass along here. It's a roll of masking tape already mated with about a 6" wide roll or masking paper on it's own dispenser. It made the masking around the new scenery a snap.

While I was staining the surface rocks, I also stained the retaining wall castings with the same raw umber/stone gray mix. The picture doesn't show the raw umber much but it is there. I'll be painting the timbers with some burnt umber before installing them onto the layout.
Looking good!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I had a roll of that. My roll had a big plastic drop sheet coming from it to protect a major size surface.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Just a quick pic to show what I did tonight

I started to paint the retaining wall timbers with acrylic Burnt Umber. I didn't want to paint the entirely and let some of the grey-black to show for a bit of weathered look.
That's coming along nicely, Glen.  I guess that I should see if I can get something done, too, as I'm not making much progress on my Challenge.

Wayne
You are progressing well.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks

Wayne, you are kidding, right? Just how many passenger cars have you done for the Challenge?
No, not kidding...I've done 4 cars, with a fifth one almost done.  There are another 11 or 12 yet to be done, and also the four MoW tenders...those four should be a fairly quick job.

It's mostly because the weather is improving, and there's lots of stuff that needs to be done outdoors...not looking forward to it.

Wayne
I hear you. Spring finally came around here a month ago and the time in the workshop has gone down accordingly.

I've also been working on a true-line 8 hatch reefer:

Back-dating it's paint and decals and adding a charcoal heater

It's taken a month to get this far but it's almost finished.
That looks good, Glen, although I wasn't aware that TrueLine even did those cars.  I wonder which of the TrueLine cars Atlas will do first...I'm hoping that it will be the Fowler 36' stock cars, as the TH&B ran a number of them...again, I wasn't aware of them until somebody mentioned that they were all sold-out.

EDIT:  It just occurred to me that perhaps the stock cars weren't TrueLine, but maybe LifeLike Canada/Proto-1000.

Wayne
I believe they already did the slab-side hoppers. I'd assume that the 8-hatch reefers are in the schedule as I would think they would be popular.
I found this on Atlas' web site:
Hillside, NJ – Atlas Model Railroad Company, Inc. is proud to announce that it has purchased certain molds and tooling from True Line Trains of Ontario, Canada.

Models in this acquisition include in HO scale the C-Liner and RS18 Locomotives, the Slab Side Covered Hopper, the 50' Newsprint Freight Car, the Fowler Stock Car, the Bulkhead Flat Car, the CN/CP Caboose and the 40' AAR Box Car. In N scale, Atlas has acquired the C424 and GP9 Locomotives.

"True Line Trains made some great models over the years that we are excited to now produce under the Atlas name," said Paul Graf, CEO of Atlas. "They will fit right in with the other high quality model railroad products we make in HO & N scale."

The first model to be run from the new tooling will be the HO Slab Side Covered Hopper, which can be found in the August/September 2020 All Scales Catalog.

Formerly known as Life-Like of Canada, True Line Trains was started in 2003 after the purchase of Life-Like by Walthers. They produced HO and N scale models of Canadian and US prototypes.

So it looks like they did acquire the Fowler stock car tooling, but not the 8 hatch reefers, or the other Canadian specific boxcars.