Do we want to try again?
Nice time tonight!!!

After everyone left, Tom showed up and we chatted a bit. Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah, it was a nice night, just about two hours of this and that, some modeling, cars, health, most anything that friends talk about when they're together. A pity that OBJack lost his mic and struggled to get it back, but never did. Lutz was there in the middle of his night, it was still light out in Arizona though.

I thank everyone that came, Mikey showed up towards the end of things, but apparently had a conversation with Tom after that, so I think we all had an enjoyable chat. Skype is the way to go, we don't have to have someone looking at the doorway to see if someone else showed up, they just come in and join the conversation. The other plus is that we didn't get cut off after 40 minutes like we would have on Zoom. We could have talked another 22 hours before getting cut off on Skype. Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I think a good time was had by most. As mentioned Peter (OBJack) wasn't able to participate but seemed to enjoy the conversation. I do hope he can get it fixed for next time.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Big Grin 
Thanks for the opportunity yesterday to see everyone and put faces to some very familiar names. Icon_e_smile    I know I probably looked like a crazed animal in a soundproof box to you guys, but yes I could hear you and my mic was not on mute so my problem must lie a lot deeper in the entrails of this dang machine. I did change some things (I don't know what) afterwards, so we will see what happens next time. The time here was 8am on Sat. morning, so timing suits me.

Jack   Cheers
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
(02-27-2021, 03:38 PM)OBJack Wrote: Thanks for the opportunity yesterday to see everyone and put faces to some very familiar names. Icon_e_smile    I know I probably looked like a crazed animal in a soundproof box to you guys, but yes I could hear you and my mic was not on mute so my problem must lie a lot deeper in the entrails of this dang machine. I did change some things (I don't know what) afterwards, so we will see what happens next time. The time here was 8am on Sat. morning, so timing suits me.

Jack   Cheers

There's a way you can check your audio on Skype. I went to "skype.com" and found "echo/sound test services". I was able to activate it and speak, and it bounced back after a short delay, checking my mic and speakers. No video check, but that seemed to work OK for you.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I too enjoyed the chat even though I was late into the scene. I told you I have had previous problems with skype because of microsoft password issues. I completely purged my computer of the skype app/program and now the link works perfectly. I think if the app/program was /is installed it conflicts with the skype link so if anyone has problems this might be worth a try. 
I like the way you can pop in and out like we did. 
It was great to see some new faces. 
Charlie
(02-28-2021, 10:00 AM)Charlie B Wrote: I too enjoyed the chat even though I was late into the scene. I told you I have had previous problems with skype because of microsoft password issues. I completely purged my computer of the skype app/program and now the link works perfectly. I think if the app/program was /is installed it conflicts with the skype link so if anyone has problems this might be worth a try. 
I like the way you can pop in and out like we did. 
It was great to see some new faces. 
Charlie

That wasn't a new face Charlie, that was me. Eek I think I aged about 15 years since our last chat back in December. Misngth 

Yeah, Skype seems to have a mind of it's own. It kept taking me off because it wanted to update. Now, I need to log out, or do what you did because it now only opens in our Big Blue chat window. Well, I still think it's better for us than Zoom, regardless of it's kinks..
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(02-28-2021, 10:00 AM)Charlie B Wrote: ...I told you I have had previous problems with skype because of microsoft password issues....

Charlie

I have the same problem, Charlie, and I just did the purge procedure for my Mac.  If I did it properly, I might actually be able to join in on the next get-together.

Wayne
(02-28-2021, 12:06 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: I have the same problem, Charlie, and I just did the purge procedure for my Mac.  If I did it properly, I might actually be able to join in on the next get-together.

Wayne

Looking forward to seeing you. Not sure when to schedule our next chat, I've got a "procedure" on the 18th, so it'll be after that for me anyway.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
It's been 5 months. I think we should do another chat. Anyone else?
Charlie
(08-12-2021, 07:05 PM)Charlie B Wrote: It's been 5 months. I think we should do another chat. Anyone else?
Charlie

I was just thinking that last night....  It's been a long time.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah, it's been a while. Would love to do it again, I'm just not sure when I can. I got a call today and I'm headed into surgery next week that's going to put me in the resting mode for a while. Just how long depends on how they go about doing it and I won't know that until I wake up from surgery. Either I'll have three small holes (laparoscopic), or a larger incision if they can't go that route. Obviously, you know my choice, but that's not my decision.

You can go ahead without me, or wait a week or two until I'm able to get around comfortably and not be grumpy. I was just surprised that they got me on the schedule so soon. Seems like from my last post here, getting ready for procedures is my norm now days.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
What's up Don, nothing serious I hope!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I'm in for whenever.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(08-13-2021, 05:21 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: What's up Don, nothing serious I hope!

At my age, they consider everything as serious. Just need to patch up the break in my tummy wall that they created a few years ago during another surgery. No lifting stuff for a few weeks after that and maybe some bed rest for a while.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and