Trains on this day in the past:
Winchester and Western shoving cars for Durand Glass in Millville, NJ, 1/22/15.

Bruce

It was dreary and cold on 1.22/2015 unlike today which is sunny and darned cold. This eastbound is crossing Metz Road in New Waterford, Ohio.      Charlie
1/23/1977 Westbound at the North Pleasant Drive railroad crossing in East Palestine, Ohio.     Charlie
1/25/2017---Gage ave.N.---CN421 heads east through Hamilton

1/25/2015 A reminder of the early Conrail years.     Charlie
Conrail's MI-21 at Vineland, NJ, 1/26/16.

Bruce

That is one heavily loaded car if it takes two engines to move it.  Icon_lol

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
1/26/1978 The blizzard of '78      Charlie
Winchester and Western at Millville, NJ, 1/27/10.

Bruce

1/27/2015, East Palestine, Ohio.     Charlie
1/28/1978. The only time I ever saw a snow plow in use on the Fort Wayne line. They stopped for a well deserved meal at the Enon Valley Inn in Enon Valley, Pa.      Charlie
Brand new ES44AC #3030 on CN421

1/29/1977.  Taken from the shared steps of the L&B Donut shop and Leo's Lunch in East Palestine, Ohio. The BAR 68 is leading a westbound manifest through town. 
Gas prices were on the rise and the temperature was falling.      Charlie
Shocked 
This is my favourite thread on BigBlue,especially the older pictures---sometimes makes me wish I could go back in time especially when you see the sign in Charlie's last picture showing the price of a gallon of gas. Icon_rolleyes
(01-29-2022, 10:06 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: This is my favourite thread on BigBlue,especially the older pictures---sometimes makes me wish I could go back in time especially when you see the sign in Charlie's last picture showing the price of a gallon of gas. Icon_rolleyes

At that time that price was outrageous. before inflation it was only 34 cents. 
Charlie