Trains on this day in the past:
8/17/1977. No better place for a caboose or 4. East Palestine, Ohio.     
Charlie
At the time these photos were taken I worked as Parts Manager at the Ford dealership in East Palestine. It was owned by the same man that owned the Dodge dealership in the picture but was about 500 feet east at Market Street.  I lived about 500 feet directly north of the tracks.  I would spend many evenings (until it was too dark) taking photos of trains after work. The majority of them were Kodachrome slides which I have scanned at 4800 DPI. I could watch trains out of my parts room window while sitting at my desk so I did see a lot I didn't get photos of. I enjoy sharing them 
8/19/1977, Westbound coal at MP 50 on the Fort Wayne line.     
Charlie
First Grand Trunk loco I've seen in a Rainbow Years consist! Just goes to show that nearly anything goes if you're modeling that era. Super glad you captured these and continue to share them, Charlie!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
(08-19-2023, 10:37 AM)TMo Wrote: First Grand Trunk loco I've seen in a Rainbow Years consist!  Just goes to show that nearly anything goes if you're modeling that era.  Super glad you captured these and continue to share them, Charlie!

Todd, I missed a lot of photos because I had to feed the family and buy film  Goldth. I saw lots of odd stuff out the parts room window. The one that really got away was a SP&S RS3 in a consist.  Funeral trains were common too. We also got lots of run through power that usually turned at Conway, Lots of SP and UP and some MP even. 
Charlie
1073 on 8-19-18 on 12g East through Saltsburg, Pennsylvania on the Conemaugh line.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

The processing date on the slide is August, 1979. The train is eastbound at Aley Hill road, about one track mile west of Homewood Junction (Wood).     
Charlie
Winchester and Western at Conrail's yard, Millville, NJ, 8/21/09.

Bruce

August, 1976. This helper set running through East Palestine, Ohio is heading east to give a push to a train stalled at Highland Cut.     
Charlie
Copetown---ten years ago---8/21/2013.

8/22/2020---CN Stuart yard

August, 1979. Crossing the P&LE at Wampum, Pa.     
Charlie
4000 headed West through Jeanette, PA. on 8-22-2016.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

August, 1977. Westbound under Brookdale Ave., East Palestine, Ohio.     
Charlie
August 24, 2008 at New Castle, Pa.     
Charlie
Wampum, Pa. 8/25/2018    
Charlie