Passenger station in SLP-Mexico
Last time I went to visit my kids/grandkids in Mexico, I took a little jaunt to the old downtown area of the city, and, to my surprise....the old passenger station is being refurbished with the intent of turning into a RR museum. Here are a few pics I took of the station as it stands now. The station is a late 40's design, and from its size, RR travel, as in most places, was at its peak, so it's a very sizable building. Back in the days when rail travel was essentially the only alternative for any kind of long distance travel I took several trips out of this station.

A viem looking west....
[Image: DSCF1750-1.jpg]

East...
[Image: DSCF1751.jpg]

A closer look at the clock tower....
[Image: DSCF1752.jpg]

The ticket counter...
[Image: DSCF1735.jpg]

The train schedule board...
[Image: DSCF1734.jpg]

The waiting platform...Most of this area was once filled with tracks...Now it's turned into a parking lot... Curse
[Image: DSCF1732.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1733.jpg]
You can see the clock tower a ways back....

And finally, a couple of goodies that were parked in one of the tracks...presumably to be restored and housed at the museum-to-be...
[Image: DSCF1738.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1739.jpg]
Can anyone tell me what type of loco this is..?

Hope you enjoy this little vignette of RR happenings south of the border...
Gus (LC&P).
Is there some kind of tank on top of that green car? And what is that anyhow, a caboose?
BTW, Great pictures, thanks.

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
That locomotive looks like something that was custom cobbled together. The trucks look like regular freight trucks, but notice the exterior brake cylinders - and what looks like a traction motor between the wheels on the rear truck.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->