fouler mood (thankyou "Z")
I was at a friends house yesterday, and was going to show some of the photos I had posted on "Z". Got the dreaded "Red X"!! Eek

I didn't realize until this morning that one must be "logged in" to see the photos. In the process of finding this out, I happened to take a moment to read MS' "reasons why", about deleted links.
Being somewhat confused, I ran the post through my "Universal B******t Translator.
The results were. . . well, take a look----- "We deleted all links because we are greedy and want to make our fortune now!, and not have to wait. Your links benefit others and we don't get the money we want. Greed is good! Step between us and our greedy desires and we will delete you. One small step for greedyness, and one enormously gigantic leap for greed itself ."

In slight disbelief, I recalibrated the translator, and got the same results. Oh, the translator indicated the post was made by "AP". . . . . the tech manual indicates that abbreviation means Apex Predator. . .shark? AP? it figures. Icon_lol

Foolish me, I thought even apex predators stopped eating when they were full.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
So...The links to your pictures are making them lose money?

That seems to be the re-occuring theme over there.
Maybe thats why they only get five posts a day.(How much money are you making now!!!?)
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
A forum is suppose to be a place where modelers can share ideas,modeling,pictures etc then up steps greed and its usually taps for the forum..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I don't remember seeing nyhting baout linking pictures.... But anyway - all b oards (including this one) have to have you signed in (Or have the cookie from the site on your computer) in order to see any gallery pictures.

Did they appear after you signed in here????
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Quote:But anyway - all b oards (including this one) have to have you signed in (Or have the cookie from the site on your computer) in order to see any gallery pictures.

Did they appear after you signed in here????

I didn't know that for a certainty. I didn't log in here, but my attachments did show. They didn't at "Z", there, but yes I have the cookie on my computer, so they did at home.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
yeah - I think that's how it works - if you signin here - the cookie is placed on your cmputer - so yu dont have to be signed in to see the pics here Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
This is something new over there. I logged out and could only get links instead of pictures, and those where for pics that were uploaded to the post. They're really tightening the screws there, I cannot see how something like this is to their benefit.

I log on there using a few different screen names, and I can see where each one of these names have their own cookies on my machine. For example, I can clear all the "new posts" using one name, and the list reappears when I log on using a different name. I haven't tried that here yet, but it would be interesting to see any differences.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
It's the "cookies"! Eek

"Alice" must have baked them! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
Speaking of "Z", did anyone notice that he started a build contest with actual models as a prize? He seems to be a bit perturbed that no one has entered yet and may just withdraw it before it starts.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I see links when not logged in - I get links to the photos and some advertising instead. Also (logged in or not) I get "imbedded contextual links", which while imbedded, are rarely in context... 35

But the kicker has to be the email that Russ received - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1623">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1623</a><!-- l --> - asking him to edit all 4000+ of his posts to remove the "commercial links". I think I would be a little less than cordial with my reply to that... Eek

Andrew
ezdays Wrote:Speaking of "Z", did anyone notice that he started a build contest with actual models as a prize? He seems to be a bit perturbed that no one has entered yet and may just withdraw it before it starts.

Which one of you is "sillywizard"?.....Pete?..is that you? I only ask cause the guy is made one post(and its Pete's style of writing), and that was the thread.
I'm sure..No one wants a twenty-six year old model that may, or may not have all its parts. Unless your interested in armour, or the "Six Day War", having both those models just ain't worth having.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
Quote:Which one of you is "sillywizard"?

Nope 'taint me.......something I might say, but no I didn't post it. Besides, I'd use my proper screen name if I did, I don't do a lot of "hiding". I want my enemies to know who it is that's lobbing small thermonuclear devices at them.

As far as the contest is concerned, not interested. I was, however, tempted to ask if instead of the old kits, I might get to put the GCLaser link back in my signature. Icon_twisted
Sumpter250 Wrote:...As far as the contest is concerned, not interested. I was, however, tempted to ask if instead of the old kits, I might get to put the GCLaser link back in my signature. Icon_twisted
You could, for a nominal fee. After all, charging for such is for the good of the entire community, not just the owners. They are there for the joy of running these forums, not for any potential profit. Hmmm, I wonder if they're going to have to pay back that $2,000,000 "infusion" of cash they just got?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Quote:You could, for a nominal fee.

Yeah!. . that's the ticket! . . now I just have to decide how much of that $2,000,000.00 they should pay me for the privilege. Icon_twisted Icon_lol
Sumpter250 Wrote:Yeah!. . that's the ticket! . . now I just have to decide how much of that $2,000,000.00 they should pay me for the privilege. Icon_twisted Icon_lol

1,999,975 dollars.
That'll save them 25 dollars for shipping the contest prizes.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87