Name that Layout
Neat scenes! I would have gone insane planting those little flowers but they are eye catching and fun.
Ralph
TrainNut Wrote:My favorite in all of those, we're the properly colored dumpsters - 1 for garbage and 1 for recycle. Good find on those. The overhang on the steamer doesn't look that bad at all. Some criticism just 'cause I know you can handle it... your parking lots and roads are..... too clean! They need to be dirtied up. You are putting a level of detail into your layout that is incredible yet your streets and parking lots have no cracks, or loose gravel, skid marks, oil spots, potholes... etc. etc. etc. Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit and those are soon to come? The little dirt road is very well done... the packed dirt where the vehicles travel, tire tracks, turn around marks, and even where the vehicles leave the dirt to travel onto the concrete/pavement(?)... they have tracked the dirt out onto the clean roads! Nice details!

Yeah more details yet to come. I am working on street lights and even more details like dirt ect for the scene to be complete. Look for more things to come to enhance the scene similar like what you saw in the light house area with the road ect. Thanks for the comments. ALL are welcome!! Cheers

BTW, are the load times to long for the pictures?
wgrider Wrote:Your road dirt looks great what did you use?

Suprisingly, real Arizona dirt. I painted Elmers glue down first for the road way and parking area and then put some dirt on it. I then let it dry. I removed all the excess dirt and checked for complete coverage. Fixing any area that was convered and then applying more of the same dirt on the area. I did not glue it down. I then drove over the area with the cars making the tracks. If you want to secure it after you make the marks go with a 50/50 part water and Elmers glue. Allow the mix to come out of the bottle and drip on to the area you want to secure. Keep the bottle close to the area so as not to disturb the lines in the dirt. Let it dry and enjoy. Thumbsup

If you get any cracking after it dries you can fill that in with some more dirt and apply a small bit more of the mixture or leave the cracking for more detail. Cheers

Thanks for the comments.
COMBAT Wrote:BTW, are the load times to long for the pictures?
When I first open page 4 it flashes up as having 85 some items to load. I'm on high speed and it took about 35 seconds. Woe to those on dial up.
Good to know. Question is, what can I do to fix it? Less pictures..... smaller size..... smaller size equal less detail? 35
COMBAT Wrote:Good to know. Question is, what can I do to fix it?
Buy everyone broadband/dsl Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Icon_lol

Nice. Smile
Excellent work by the way. A+
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I would not change your photo settings at all. The size is good as is the quality. I only comment on this becuase you've asked... One thing I've noticed is that sometimes you cover one area with six or seven pictures when one will do. You do cover all the angles and several ranges of zoom but if your looking to cut down, be choosier with which pictures you choose to "display."
Those are some AWESOME Scenes you put together!!

Where did you find the dumpsters, fire hydrant, mail box.....? those are sweet details that i would liek to get Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
tomustang Wrote:Excellent work by the way. A+

Thank you!

TrainNut Wrote:
I would not change your photo settings at all. The size is good as is the quality. I only comment on this becuase you've asked... One thing I've noticed is that sometimes you cover one area with six or seven pictures when one will do. You do cover all the angles and several ranges of zoom but if your looking to cut down, be choosier with which pictures you choose to "display."

I will give that a try. Thanks!

Trucklover Wrote:Those are some AWESOME Scenes you put together!!

Where did you find the dumpsters, fire hydrant, mail box.....? those are sweet details that i would liek to get Misngth

Dumpsters are from walthers... Busch. The kit has a lot of stuff in it. The flowers and pots are from Busch too. The mailbox came from different laser kits I have bought in the past. You can get a lot of the details from kits or from detail accessories. Cheers
COMBAT Wrote:Dumpsters are from walthers... Busch. The kit has a lot of stuff in it. The flowers and pots are from Busch too. The mailbox came from different laser kits I have bought in the past. You can get a lot of the details from kits or from detail accessories. Cheers

Cool thanks for the tips Combat!! Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
You and your significant other have got a fine eye for detail. What's next? -bees above the flowers? Gopher holes in the flower bed? Newspapers thrown up on the front porches? J/K - nice job!
Scotland shall rise again!
McGillicutty Wrote:You and your significant other have got a fine eye for detail. What's next? -bees above the flowers? Gopher holes in the flower bed? Newspapers thrown up on the front porches? J/K - nice job!

Hmmm maybe.... Icon_lol
Someone awhile back asked me about the Dam on the Layout. Sorry, I dont remember who, :oops: but it got me talking to the Dam builder about the request for more pictures and he sprung into life to do more work on this massive and scratch built Dam. I dont know of a name for the Dam yet but this times update shows some progress on the Dam as well as some engines crossing the span... Staged as of right now of course... 35

The street lights are from Walthers and are the Corner Stone series. They turned out nice. They are not all straight yet and NOTHING is finished on this Dam. The lighting is not done, the wires are still visible,the rocks still are not done with coloring and vegetation has not been planted. There are no roadway markings, the railings are not secure yet and lets not even talk about the details yet!! Icon_lol THERE WILL BE A LOT and you can bet on that! Smile
We also plan on stringing electrical wires from tower to tower.

We are still trying to decide if we will use the realistic water on the Dam and Dam area or not.

ANY FEED BACK ON REALISTIC WATER PRODUCTS, KNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE LEARNED EITHER BY READING OR BY TRIAL AND ERROR WE WOULD APPRECIATE THAT INFORMATION BEFORE WE USE THOSE PRODUCTS.

OK, thats enough talking for now. Enjoy the pictures, sorry about the dark grainy pictures, need to read the cameras owners manual on how ro fix that and feel free to leave comments. The Dam builder seems to be inspired by the Dam questions and you never know he may even personally answer them.

[Image: IMG_1748.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1746.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1753.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1756.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1759.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1762.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1763.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1764.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1769.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1770.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1772.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1774.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1775.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1779.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1782.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1787.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1791.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1793.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1795.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1797.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1798.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1801.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1802.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1805.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1806.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1809.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1819.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1822.jpg]

The Dam Builder himself poses with his creation.
[Image: IMG_1777.jpg]

Next update... I decided to go down to the new construction area and take some photos of the work under way. As I was taking photos of the area a man approached me and asked what I was up to. After a conversation with him I find out hes the tower crane operator. Turns out the green tower crane that was here before couldnt handle the loads that were going to have to be lifted nor did it have the reach... Hate to see who got the bill for that boo boo... Well the new crane is up and the tower crane operator invited me to take the climb and have a look. I couldnt pass it up. Here is a sneak preview.... Icon_lol

[Image: IMG_1846.jpg]

[Image: HOST_THANKYOU.jpg]