I had too much turkey last night
Well, That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.......excuse, for what? for my response to the "what's your fantasy thread reply by Mountianman".
As In:
MountainMan wrote:Kind of my feelings as well. The larger the layout desired, the greater the Freudian implications... Big Grin

Icon_lol Eek Icon_lol Eek Icon_lol

To implicate Freud in anything less than great............would..be to invoke certain television commercials????? I mean.... would be wrong! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

It was a fight to not do it.......but I was weakened by all the triptophan!!!!
"Ooh-La-La" turkey !!!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Certain television commercials? :?:

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:Certain television commercials? :?:

Ralph

I believe one of them uses two bath tubs.
The only reason I posted this here is that someone will get it, and possibly complain.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Goldth :oops:

I get it! Big Grin
Ralph Wrote:
Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Goldth :oops:

I get it! Big Grin

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Judging from the responses after my post, with the exception of Doctorwayne, most appeared to have missed it all together.......or......like him, chose to "not respond".

note to self: Self, go back to guns, the ICBM's fly too high.
One must watch TV commercials first in order to get it. I use a DVR and fast forward through the commercials, so I probably don't get the implications. :? They must also read MM's thread, which I haven't either which further exacerbates comprehension. Popcornbeer
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hey, I'm not at all familiar with the commercial of which you speak: the only "bathtub" commercial on TV around here is for a home improvement store and it features a woman and a handyman together in a bubble bath. It's not specified if he's her husband or just a lucky reno guy, but she's good enough for a XXX fantasy. Wink Icon_twisted Goldth

Wayne
I guess I'm just sensitive to certain commercials. I have always disliked the advertising of prescription drugs, in public media. I think of it as a sleazy attempt to get more people in to their doctor's office, and ask for prescriptions for these "products". (which doctors seem very happy to dispense in large amounts...do I smell "kickback"!!???)
It's a hypochondriac's "heaven", and is part of what is driving up the cost of health care.
Hey, someone has to pay for all those ads! Bet you won't see "our government" haulin' in the reins on that extravagance, as part of their health care bill.
Don't know what you mean Pete. Why if it wasn't for the ads, I wouldn't have been aware of all those ailments and problems that I didn't know I had. The ads all said, "ask your doctor if (insert product name here) is right for you". I went to see him with a list of about 100 drugs and found that they were all right for me and now I find myself in that happy place with no pain, no memory of anything past and best of all, no money left to buy essentials. That shouldn't matter though, my day is now filled with taking these drugs and I have no time left to spend shopping or eating.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sumpter250 Wrote:I guess I'm just sensitive to certain commercials. I have always disliked the advertising of prescription drugs, in public media. I think of it as a sleazy attempt to get more people in to their doctor's office, and ask for prescriptions for these "products". (which doctors seem very happy to dispense in large amounts...do I smell "kickback"!!???)
It's a hypochondriac's "heaven", and is part of what is driving up the cost of health care.
Hey, someone has to pay for all those ads! Bet you won't see "our government" haulin' in the reins on that extravagance, as part of their health care bill.

I agree with you on this, Pete. It's like they're trying to drum-up business. Eek And there's not even any secrecy about things such as "kickbacks": it's well-known that drug companies subsidise medical schools heavily and, by extension, ensure that the role of drugs in treatment, prevention, etc. is emphasised in the curriculum. There are lots of doctors out there that flat-out don't subscribe to any treatment that doesn't, in some way, involve drugs, and, of course, we have a public that's heavily into prescription medicines, sometimes to the point of addiction. In my opinion, this tacit "sanctioning" by medical professionals of such drug use plays some part in society's fascination with, and acceptance of, recreational drugs.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I agree with you on this, Pete. It's like they're trying to drum-up business. Eek And there's not even any secrecy about things such as "kickbacks": it's well-known that drug companies subsidise medical schools heavily and, by extension, ensure that the role of drugs in treatment, prevention, etc. is emphasised in the curriculum. There are lots of doctors out there that flat-out don't subscribe to any treatment that doesn't, in some way, involve drugs, and, of course, we have a public that's heavily into prescription medicines, sometimes to the point of addiction. In my opinion, this tacit "sanctioning" by medical professionals of such drug use plays some part in society's fascination with, and acceptance of, recreational drugs. Wayne

"Recreational Drugs"......I believe the acceptance of recreational pharmaceuticals, has been around for as long as the drugs themselves.
My choice... is usually single malt scotch.

Drugs cure symptoms, and usually not the cause. Hence, the drug pushing MD.
Drugs cure symptoms, and usually not the cause. Hence, the drug pushing Psychotherapeutic doctors.

As long as they feel good, they feel cured, and "we" have done our job, and they will return for more.
Why don't the "doctors" try explaining that to cancer!
Last word from me on this, I've ranted enough, and I can't fix the worlds problems, I can only learn to live around them..........so the "mute" button gets pushed for all commercials! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Sumpter250 Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:"Recreational Drugs"......I believe the acceptance of recreational pharmaceuticals, has been around for as long as the drugs themselves.

Right there with you Pete! "Ask your doctor if Macallan's is right for you!" Goldth

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:"Recreational Drugs"......I believe the acceptance of recreational pharmaceuticals, has been around for as long as the drugs themselves.
Right there with you Pete! "Ask your doctor if Macallan's is right for you!" Goldth
Ralph

Icon_lol Icon_lol Cheers

"hiccup" Icon_lol