A New Year's Eve "caution"
The moon was full last night, I couldn't see it....too many clouds.....but checking the calendar, there will be another full moon this month.

New Year's Eve !!!

Perhaps a good evening to exercise a bit of caution........

You'll have the Police out checking blood alcohol levels...
You'll have Vampires out looking for a fresh cocktail.....
And, you'll also have to deal with the "partying Werewolves".... Eek Eek
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Oh, darn!!! So much for a quiet New Year's Eve!!! Nope
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
At least this year new years will have an astronomical meaning Smile
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Sweet! Icon_twisted
Another one? :?
I used to be a warewolf but I'm alright nowoooooooOOOOOOOoooooo.
I mentioned the second full moon in the same month to a friend last night. She said that a "blue moon", is the "second full moon".
So....whatever happens once in a blue moon...............
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
When I worked in convenience stores, I always hated full moons!! The looney birds would always be out and about. And the Police told me that crime went up by at least 10%!!!
2/3 of the Earth is covered by water. The human body is about 80% water. The moons gravitational pull controls the tides of our oceans by pulling on our water making the tides rise and fall.

However, there is no real world data to suggest that a full moon has any influence on peoples behavior. Regardless of what phase the moon is in, its gravitational pull on our "bodies" of water does not change when it is over our heads. Whether it full or in its individual phases. I have to side with the idea that its is nothing more then a thought planted in our heads that we perceive things happen during a full moon because we are hyper sensitive to the possibility or idea that somehow it influences our behavior. It's all superstition. Nothing more.

It is hypothesized that the Earth as we know it was created by a collision with a sister planet in the same orbit known as Theia. After the collision much of Theia combined with the Earth making it larger, giving our planet a larger iron core and increasing the heat of the Earth's geologic interior. The remnants of Thea became our Moon.

The moon is also moving away from the Earth at a rate of roughly 2-3 centimeters per year. In about 4 billion years it will drift away into outer space. I doubt any humans will be around to see that happen though.
Trust me, the police officer's comment was based on arrest records and not some pre-conceived notion. And I can also assure you that the number of kooks that made their way into my stores during full moon did indeed increase. Now, I'm not saying that the gravitational pull of the moon had any influence on peoples' behavior. It was just the time that all those kooks and weirdos chose to come out and wander about.!! Misngth
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Trust me, the police officer's comment was based on arrest records and not some pre-conceived notion. And I can also assure you that the number of kooks that made their way into my stores during full moon did indeed increase. Now, I'm not saying that the gravitational pull of the moon had any influence on peoples' behavior. It was just the time that all those kooks and weirdos chose to come out and wander about.!! Misngth

Good point, sgtcarl. The moon's gravitational pull may not have any effect, but if the weirdo's think it does and choose to come out in force with a full moon, it doesn't matter whether the moon has any physical effects or not.