Gulf Winds International
This is a trucking company with a large warehouse and rail service. Another one of those relatively generic boxes. I took alot of pictures, sorry if it is too many. I basically started at one side and went around each side.

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

And an appropriately named street for an industrial park....

mmmmm Truck Docks and Rail Docks, a definite plus for me! LOL. I also like that tiny dust collector? Whatever it is, it looks cool and would break up a long blank wall on a structure lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Josh, I had a feeling you would like this one.
Thanks for the pics Gary...nice shots!Exactly what i've been looking for to draw inspiration from.I am currently collecting rolling stock for a future switching layout based in the metro Detroit area.My railroad is CSX,and am a big fan of Lance Manheim's switching layout,and Sweet home Chicago switching layout.Their are alot of Auto parts suppliers in the Metro Detroit area and my plans include at least 6 auto suppliers(numerous 50' & 60' boxcars),a Liquid Propane supplier,a bakery(liquid sugar,vegetable oil tank cars),a small auto delivery yard(autoracks),cement plant(2bay hoppers),and a stamping plant(coil cars,gondola's)I'm modeling the late 90's era.Looking forward to more of your pics,if ya happen to come across any of these industries and have a camera handy... Tongue
Don Shriner
Hey TG, glad you can get some use from the photos. There are quite a few of these types of buildings near where I work. I'll try to get some more posted soon.
What exactly do they need all that space for? Is this some sort of gov't front for spy activity?

Talk about generic! Ah well, to each his own!

Will you be modeling this one?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Darn good detail photos Gary! Will be building a couple of structures very similar to this for the layout. This one is a bit different than most I've been looking at lately in that the lower part of the building is concrete block and the remainder steel panels.
I've got to figure out a way to duplicate those weather seals around the doors. Not sure how to approach that.
Thanks for the photos!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Galen, I will probably model this in a compressed form - primarily because I have lots of photos to work from and the actual building is just down the street. The drawback is, and as FCIN brought up, the lower half of the building is concrete block, and that stuff is expensive. I have seen that some modelers buy one sheet of the block or brick, then make a mold from RTV and cast whatever else they need. I REALLY REALLY need to figure out where to get the supplies to do that type of stuff.

And a nice Bing view:

Gary S Wrote:... the lower half of the building is concrete block, and that stuff is expensive....

That might be a good example to use a printed photo. We discussed that topic some weeks ago with other examples. This might be a good fit.
Have a look at http://www.cgtextures.com/ Brick/Modern large and Modern small.
Reinhard
You know, Gary ...
The more times I look at this facility, and the closer I look at the photos you took ... I've started capturing them, enlarging and scrutinizing their every detail ... 8-) Wink

It was the name and logo that I noticed the second time I looked at the that gave my cynical mind a tweek! :ugeek: 8-)

Has the guard ever approached you about taking so many photos, from so many locations around the facility? Just curious ... 8-)

My old Army Security Agency investigation/surveillance habits of noticing and "zoning in" those details that are conspicuous in their open visibilty
and extremely common appearance have been kicking in. Just sayin'.

8-)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln